Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The question I'm asking is, do the ID tokens colors spawn in a set order?
The reason I need to know this is because there are six colors but only four or two of some of the Miniatures, and I need to know which colors to use if there are less than 6. So that if they spawn in a game, I can have the minis painted with a color code on them and don't need to use the tokens.
Hope my question makes sense. I just need to know, as an example, if blue then red then green then purple every time, or if it is random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your question, but I'm not sure. It seems you might be right? I believe red is always the first token at least. Don't hold me to that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
msg tools
I don't think you could color code them in that way. It's possible that there would be multiples of many different monsters on the board at once. Say, 3 cultists are out (using red, then blue). Then 3 deep ones spawn. Neither red nor blue could be used since there's only one of each token so it'd go to the other colors (say green then purple). So at this point if you had only two miniatures of a certain monster and those spawned, they'd be using the "later" colors and not the "starting" colors. So if you had painted them red and blue you'd be out of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
blaagh wrote:
I don't think you could color code them in that way. It's possible that there would be multiples of many different monsters on the board at once. Say, 3 cultists are out (using red, then blue). Then 3 deep ones spawn. Neither red nor blue could be used since there's only one of each token so it'd go to the other colors (say green then purple). So at this point if you had only two miniatures of a certain monster and those spawned, they'd be using the "later" colors and not the "starting" colors. So if you had painted them red and blue you'd be out of luck.

Ugh! I suspect you are correct there. I had not thought of it in that way. Thanks for the help. If anyone finds out anything more, please post it here. What Solutions are other people coming up with that don't involve the color tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crispy66 wrote:
blaagh wrote:

Ugh! I suspect you are correct there. I had not thought of it in that way. Thanks for the help. If anyone finds out anything more, please post it here. What Solutions are other people coming up with that don't involve the color tokens?

Color hats?
I mean, what is wrong with tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, although the tokens always come out in the same initial order, they can sometimes come out out of order if you kill a monster and the same token is re-used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Vodnyk wrote:
crispy66 wrote:
blaagh wrote:

Color hats?

If you re-base the models you have no slot for the tokens. I just put the token next to the model.

Like the idea of tiny coloured hats for the monsters though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DavidvD wrote:
Like the idea of tiny coloured hats for the monsters though!

Maybe FFG will sell different official hats! It's easier in digital world though (hats and horse armor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vodnyk wrote:

Color hats?

Hats! That's it! Thanks, I'll get right to work.
I can use the tokens, I was just looking for a way to incorporate the colors into the painting of the minis if possible, to obviate the need for any other marker/token.

Thanks for the thought, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
A bit late but for what it is worth the current version of the app uses the first available token in this order:

Red,
Green,
Violet,
White,
Blue,
Yellow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.