Subject: mini replacement suggestion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
those birds on sticks broke rather quick, actually 2/3 came broken with the game. pretty awful idea to begin with.

anyone got a nice suggestion for a replacement mini? preferably from the D&D universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is the fire bat from the Elemental Evil line of D&D minis.
Bonus: they come painted!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddee-005.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cygnus2112 wrote:
it is the fire bat from the Elemental Evil line of D&D minis.
Bonus: they come painted!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddee-005.html

well yeah but I was looking to replace it with something similar that's not destined to break :E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
contact wizards of the coast and they'll replace them free of charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normiyagi wrote:

Definitely contact WotC at http://wizards.custhelp.com/. They have a good reputation regarding their board games. I contacted them about a couple missing tiles in my second hand copy of Wrath of Ashardalon, and they sent me a full set of tile sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alright thanks I'll do that. they'll brake again though because they are so very fragile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. None of mine have broken, and we're not exactly gentle with them. Perhaps you've just been unlucky and ended up with a weak one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah maybe. but puttint something on thin plastic stick is asking for trouble imo! i guess they are aware of the fact since those figures came packed in bubble wrap.

i'll email the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of mine also came broken, and another is ready to.
I'll add that I am ridiculously careful with my things.

I agree, not the best design choice for the game.

My solution has been to take the card out of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
They'll break again though because they are so very fragile.
They are that. Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't just mold the whole thing, base and stick and bat, outta that puke green plastic. It woulda held up SO much better if they had. Of course that would mean making a special tool for that one fig so that's probably why they didn't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of ToEE yesterday and unboxed it this morning.

Yup ... despite being wrapped in bubble-wrap one of the Fire Bats was broken.

Not only that, but one of the tile/token sheets has the paper come apart from the cardstock backing and has resulted in a tear on one of the faces of a 1 HP marker.

Not exactly the end of the world, I know. However, in the light of a similar problem with broken figures re: Star Trek Fleet Captains - Dominion, this is yet another example of poor quality control as well as a daft design decision.

Having the first three games in the series and being very impressed by the quality of the figures and all the other components, I figured I'd complete the set and get ToEE.

Too late ... when it came I saw the publisher's logo - WizKids. I just knew there would be hassle before I even opened the box. (Had I have realised it was WizKids I don't think I would have gotten the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dracoprimus wrote:
Normiyagi wrote:

Definitely contact WotC at http://wizards.custhelp.com/. They have a good reputation regarding their board games. I contacted them about a couple missing tiles in my second hand copy of Wrath of Ashardalon, and they sent me a full set of tile sheets.

Following the link provided, it seems they require me to pack up the game and send it to the USA from the UK.

Was that the case (i.e. mail it in) for anyone here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:

Too late ... when it came I saw the publisher's logo - WizKids. I just knew there would be hassle before I even opened the box. (Had I have realised it was WizKids I don't think I would have gotten the game).

And what's funny is I think this is the highest quality product I've ever seen from them.

Firebat was poorly thought through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.