Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone help me with these questions about the app game?

I know masters and minions are placed based on group limits, but how do I know if I have to take the tier I or tier II card of that monster?

In the app rules it says that most monsters can only attack once, and if they already attacked during there activation you should skip that line,how do I know wich monsters can attack more than once? Do I get 2 attack Lines?

Not all monster effects that are on the monster cards are shown in the app.
Do I only use those that come up in the app? Example : there is some effect on a monster card that has you doing something before you can attack a monster, the app doesn't show this effect, so I don't apply it?

Can I take unused items from one quest to another ( potions... )

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
biebeldebom wrote:
Can someone help me with these questions about the app game?

Hi Nikolaas.

Your questions seems to be tied to Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend, I think an admin could move this post on that forum.

Quote:
I know masters and minions are placed based on group limits, but how do I know if I have to take the tier I or tier II card of that monster?

Always assume they are Act I unless the app states you otherwise.

Quote:
In the app rules it says that most monsters can only attack once, and if they already attacked during there activation you should skip that line,how do I know wich monsters can attack more than once? Do I get 2 attack Lines?

No. Monster that can attack twice have a specific ability call Ravage on their card. At the moment they are: Beastmen, Tristayne Olliven (both lieutenant and agent versions), Blood Apes, Manticores, master Volucrix Reavers and Wendigos.

Quote:
Not all monster effects that are on the monster cards are shown in the app.
Do I only use those that come up in the app? Example : there is some effect on a monster card that has you doing something before you can attack a monster, the app doesn't show this effect, so I don't apply it?

What kind of ability are you referring to? In general, if a monster has a particular ability you still must apply it. If that ability may be a grey area or usually need an Overlord's choice, the app tells you what to do. In order to get information about that tap on the monster group and select the INFO option.

Quote:
Can I take unused items from one quest to another ( potions... )

No. At the end of the quest every Search item (whether it has been used or not) is reshuffled into the draw deck as per the normal (non-RtL) game.

Quote:
Thanks a lot

You're very welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
It's not Tier 1 or Tier 2, it's Act 1 or Act 2. You'll switch cards when you pass the interlude quest in an Overlord campaign, or you'll be told to swap out the cards in the app campaign.

Monsters which can attack more than once have a special ability called "ravage" which lets them attack twice. My experience of the app is that if they want a monster which doesn't have ravage to attack more than once they'll do so using multiple activations.

For the monster abilities there are two different kinds. If you mean effects like the Shadow Dragon needing a surge to be hit in melee or the Master Barghest getting extra defence at range, all card effects still apply, even if they're not mentioned in the app. If you're wondering about surge effects, there's a button on the monster's activation card which tells you how you need to spend the monster's surges as well as some guidelines in the rulebook.

Search cards can be carried over between encounters, i.e. between two halves of a quest during a campaign with an overlord, but not between quests. If you're not using the app, they are sold for the gold value printed on the card. If you are using the app, it will handle the gold for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.