Erik Ryan
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all.

I'm going to try this again - my schedule has finally calmed down and I want to find a dedicated gaming group I can partipate in. I'm 42 years old and love playing board games - if you look at my collection you will see I own and play a bunch of different yes of games. I have been recently getting into Descent 2nd edition using the triad to legend app and am loving it! I like light war games (like BattleLore 2nd edition and Memoir 44) and all dudes on a map types of games. I never really got into euros but I'm willing to try them. I'm more focused on having fun and while competitive I don't mind losing at all so I'm easy going that way.

Any suggestions are appreciated so anyone please feel free to reach out!

Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
which exit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Ryan
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I 295 Exit 29

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
GM sent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shrike316 wrote:
Hello to all.

I'm going to try this again - my schedule has finally calmed down and I want to find a dedicated gaming group I can partipate in. I'm 42 years old and love playing board games - if you look at my collection you will see I own and play a bunch of different yes of games. I have been recently getting into Descent 2nd edition using the triad to legend app and am loving it! I like light war games (like BattleLore 2nd edition and Memoir 44) and all dudes on a map types of games. I never really got into euros but I'm willing to try them. I'm more focused on having fun and while competitive I don't mind losing at all so I'm easy going that way.

Any suggestions are appreciated so anyone please feel free to reach out!

Erik

Tiki Tiki Board games in Woodbury NJ. We have open gaming on Tuesday's and Wednesdays, D&D on Thursdays, Board Game School on Fridays, and every other monday is DiceMasters. Really nice group of people, you should stop by!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
which exit?

I don't understand why this is a thing. I live in the Southern half of the state, not the armpit of North Jersey. Most states I've been in have an interstate system and people use those roads to get to their homes. I don't get why it's just assumed that NJ is the only one that has exits off of their interstates. Do you guys just drive off into the woods or something when you're ready to get off the interstate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scidad23 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
which exit?

Do you guys just drive off into the woods or something when you're ready to get off the interstate?

I always thought that was a South Jersey thing

Exit 3 I195
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scidad23 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
which exit?

I don't understand why this is a thing. I live in the Southern half of the state, not the armpit of North Jersey. Most states I've been in have an interstate system and people use those roads to get to their homes. I don't get why it's just assumed that NJ is the only one that has exits off of their interstates. Do you guys just drive off into the woods or something when you're ready to get off the interstate?

Its an easy way to figure out distance and time. Thats why its a thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krzykoopa wrote:
Scidad23 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
which exit?

Its an easy way to figure out distance and time. Thats why its a thing

It's stupid. No other state uses it. Miles. Hours. Those are used for distance and time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know it was from a joke on Saturday Night Live?

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/joe_piscopo_l...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see some other Jersey gamers around.

Tiki Tiki by the way, is undergoing massive renovations in preparation for a move to a much larger space about a block down from their current location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. Joe Piscopo is a shame of NJ. Riding Eddie Murphys jock to get laughs on SNL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.