Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm just learning the bots in The Awakening, but for use in the base game for now (both games are new to me, but want to use the same bot rules in both). As I'm new, my question may be stupid, so forgive me in advance.

I noticed that the top left flowchart box says:

The Awkanening wrote:
Major Jihad success at Poor possible?

In the base game, Jihad Example 3, under 8.4, says:

Base Game wrote:
Note that a single 3-card play can be both a Minor and Major Jihad at the same time if played on a Fair country and all 3 rolls succeed

So, if the unplayable card is a 3 Op card, and there is a Fair country available with enough Cells, is the answer to the flowchart question Yes or No? Is the bot only allowed to attempt a Major Jihad in Poor countries? Or is it able to try a double shift Minor/Major Jihad?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Colin,

Sorry for the confusion. You are correct in that the Jihadist side can have a Major Jihad success in Fair. However, the Jihadist bot is limited to attempting Major Jihad only in Poor countries. In your scenario, unless funding is tight, the Bot will attempt Minor Jihad there first.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adam,

No worries. Just pressure testing the rules! I sort of assumed that, seeing as you specified Poor, a double shift wasn't possible, but thought I would ask. Now we have a BGG record of that being the case, for any future players.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
In other words, the Bot won't activate all cells for a Major Jihad attempt unless already at Poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After giving them a quick read through, I think they look more robust than the original bots. The fact that they use Resources and have more sophisticated Event instructions is good.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.