Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing our first game last night, and I decided to build the Lighthouse late in the game. It didn't actually come up in our play, but we wondered what would happen if you used the Lighthouse when the row above was already filled with 3 ships. It says to go into the 1st position on the new row, so would that row have 4 ships in it now, or would something else happen? We wondered about it bumping back 2 rows or maybe bumping one of the ships in in that row somewhere else, but mostly we just wanted an official answer. So what would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although not an official ruling, it states you cannot take an action that would place more than 3 ships into one row. Same as if you are setting out to sea using food, you have to use a different amount of food to go to a different row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure an official ruling is needed as Enoch has hit the nail on the head. The rule he's referencing is on page 5: "Players may not take actions that would result in a 4th ship on the space."

Thusly this rule is explicit that the Lighthouse action can't be taken if doing so would put a fourth ship on the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

I'm not sure an official ruling is needed as Enoch has hit the nail on the head. The rule he's referencing is on page 5: "Players may not take actions that would result in a 4th ship on the space."

Thusly this rule is explicit that the Lighthouse action can't be taken if doing so would put a fourth ship on the space.

Yep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool; thanks! I guess I figured that since the general rule in most games is that rules on specific cards and/or tiles take precedence over the base rules of the game, I wasn't sure if the Lighthouse would be limited by the "no more than 3" rule or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.