Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only weakness in this otherwise perfect game. The cards are glossy and completely inflexible. This is a game that is incredibly replayable, so the cards will be shuffled and will get bent. They feel like cheap cardboard. Anyone know of an upcoming reprint with better quality cards? I would happily pay $5 more for better cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily for you you can just pay your 5 bucks for premium card sleeves and the problem is solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stock used in the current edition is fine. Perhaps you have an older edition? When did you buy it and did you buy it new or used? There was an older edition that had stock that was way too thick. But the current edition has a good quality stock; it's just not linen finish. The cards will bend if you shuffle them carelessly, but most cards will. I sleeved my copy with DragonShields. I "mash" shuffle, which is easy to do and quite easy on the cards. I doubt you are going to see future print runs with different card stock, so my recommendation is that if it concerns you, just sleeve the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
My copy has pretty thick cards. I noticed that if you shuffle them upside that it works much better. Then just turn them right side up and do one more shuffle so you don't know what's where in case you saw something when they were upside down.

I've played 33 times and mine still look good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
The stock used in the current edition is fine. Perhaps you have an older edition? When did you buy it and did you buy it new or used? There was an older edition that had stock that was way too thick. But the current edition has a good quality stock; it's just not linen finish. The cards will bend if you shuffle them carelessly, but most cards will. I sleeved my copy with DragonShields. I "mash" shuffle, which is easy to do and quite easy on the cards. I doubt you are going to see future print runs with different card stock, so my recommendation is that if it concerns you, just sleeve the cards.

I bought it new about a year ago. It's the same card stock Iello used for Innovation. Works fine for those cards, but Innovation cards don't really get shuffled like the Biblios deck. The cards are so creased, I'm about ready to have to buy a new copy and that is why I asked the question about a reprint. I really don't like card sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are ways to shuffle cards that avoid creasing. Definitely avoid riffle shuffling. So if you do invest in another copy, I would definitely change the way you shuffle, especially since you have decided to avoid sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just my opinion, but a game that is basically a deck of cards shouldn't require such delicate handling. I only care because it's such a great game. anyway, first world problems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.