$15.00
$20.00
Isabell and Soohyun
Australia
BLACK FOREST
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
1) So I add one and only one fire token during the 'Fire Spreading' step of the Mythos phase. But is this still the case if there are 2 or more separate fires on the board?

2) In the FAQ thread, I read that fire could NOT spread through secret passages, but I could not find that rule in the rule book. Have I missed something?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renacreon wrote:
1) So I add one and only one fire token during the 'Fire Spreading' step of the Mythos phase. But is this still the case if there are 2 or more separate fires on the board?

2) In the FAQ thread, I read that fire could NOT spread through secret passages, but I could not find that rule in the rule book. Have I missed something?

Cheers

1) Always only 1 fire token is added.

2) Not sure about this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After re-checking the rules reference, there doesn't seem to be anything that specifies that fire can't go through a secret passage. It just says that range cannot be calculated through the passage (which probably affected my assumptions when writing up the FAQ). I'll update it to remove mention of the secret passages when concerning fire.

Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Secret Passage rules indicate the only thing the Secret Passage blocks is range. Essentially, the Secret Passage tokens act like a door between the two spaces on either end.

Conclusion: Fire can spread through a secret passage.

The confusion in the FAQ thread was caused by people trying to apply their own definitions rather than checking the rules themselves.

Edit: Hmm, beaten... and I may have falsely represented some opinions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To that point, I never claimed the initial FAQ as written was 100% correct (as it was mostly written off the cuff to address questions that had been answered repeatedly), and I have no problem making tweaks if errors are brought up (as I state at the end of the post).

Secret passages in general haven't really been a major topic of discussion, so this particular bit went unnoticed until now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isabell and Soohyun
Australia
BLACK FOREST
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Either way, thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not a big fan of this rules 'Reference'. It made me think that I could use it only when I had questions about certain rules, but in fact, I had to read the whole thing from start to end and put the relevant rules together myself in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe that was the original intention, it's just that the "How to Play" guide has so many discrepancies in it (improper examples with incorrect screencaps and such) that it kinda forces you to read the rules reference just to learn the basics rather than just looking to it "when the question comes up".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.