Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Kopena
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I wrote an extensive tutorial on using TinkerCad and a home 3D printer to create some pieces for X-Wing:

http://www.rocketshipgames.com/blogs/tjkopena/2016/09/3d-pri...

It walks through the modeling and printing process at length, following up a more cursory previous introduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice article, lots of useful details. I'm not in the market for a home 3D printer right now, but I've been toying with X-Wing (do I want to start spending that money? I'll just want to buy more and more) since it was released. If I do get into it, I'd love to buy some parts like you've made. Ever thought of selling bits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Kopena
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for X-Wing. Too much stepping on other people's IP. But Mel Miniatures has a ton of similar bits you can order from Shapeways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
jkopena wrote:
Recently I wrote an extensive tutorial on using TinkerCad...

Thanks for the heads up on TinkerCad.

I've been having a nightmare trying additive modelling with Sketchup and ending up with internal surfaces that I can't remove before exporting to STL (I'm using the Solid Inspector extension to verify the object).

Alternatively, are there any Sketchup gurus out there who can intersect two distorted spheres and get it through the Solid Inspector extension and out to STL export (another extension)?

p.s. That cargo pod is a thing of beauty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.