Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Kobayashi Maru: A Test of Character» Forums » General

Subject: HALL OF FAME - Honoring those who passed the test. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, here's Marco Arnaudo, the designer of Kobayashi Maru - A Test of Character.

If you beat the game, please contact me privately so that I can ascertain your victory is legit (maybe I'll ask for details about your strategy, or for other forms of verification). Once I know you beat the game, you'll be added to the list below. Congrats!

Also, please do not spoil the test for others by revealing your strategy for victory.

As of now, 6 methods to win the game have been discovered. Once you've won with one, you can try figuring out the others!

WINNERS

1) Ania B. Ziolkowska

2) Joe Aguayo
3) Ken Whitehurst
4) GreenTea532
5) Tyler Kay
6) Mary Weisbeck
7) Bill Hunter
8) Steve Hope
9) Kathrin (marble911)
10) Carl White
11) Sydanta


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm honored.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ania B. Ziolkowska
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
Woo-hoo! Now I consider myself famous! cool

P.S.
Why everybody miss my "B" as Barbara letter in the name. ninja
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Whitehurst
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahem, "Ken" Whitehurst.
I knew all that Starfleet training would pay off one day!

Thanks, Marco.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 7 times over the weekend. Lost all of them
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ania B. Ziolkowska
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
general hoth wrote:
Played 7 times over the weekend. Lost all of them


Don't give up Sacha! Remember:

“PICARD: There is no greater challenge than the study of philosophy.
WESLEY: But William James won't be in my Starfleet exams.
PICARD: The important things never will be. Anyone can be trained in the mechanics of piloting a starship.
WESLEY: But Starfleet Academy...
PICARD: It takes more. Open your mind to the past. Art, history, philosophy. And all this may mean something.”
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AniaZ wrote:
general hoth wrote:
Played 7 times over the weekend. Lost all of them


Don't give up Sacha! Remember:

“PICARD: There is no greater challenge than the study of philosophy.
WESLEY: But William James won't be in my Starfleet exams.
PICARD: The important things never will be. Anyone can be trained in the mechanics of piloting a starship.
WESLEY: But Starfleet Academy...
PICARD: It takes more. Open your mind to the past. Art, history, philosophy. And all this may mean something.”


or...

"SPOCK: A very interesting game, this poker.
KIRK: It does have advantages over chess."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get a micro-badge? I want to sport some Captain's insignia!
"I rescued the Kobayashi Maru"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
Can we get a micro-badge? I want to sport some Captain's insignia!
"I rescued the Kobayashi Maru"


yesyesyesyes! Would you like to ask for it in the thread for potential microbadges?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AniaZ wrote:
Woo-hoo! Now I consider myself famous! cool

P.S.
Why everybody miss my "B" as Barbara letter in the name. ninja


Because Barbara sounds too American, not Polish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ania B. Ziolkowska
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
AniaZ wrote:
Woo-hoo! Now I consider myself famous! cool

P.S.
Why everybody miss my "B" as Barbara letter in the name. ninja


Because Barbara sounds too American, not Polish.


That's strange because Barbara is very much Polish name.

The name came from great saint Barbara (in Eastern Orthodox and Christian church). The name used to be very popular in the industrial part of Poland (Silesia), from which I'm coming from. St. Barbara is a patron of coal miners. December 4th is a holiday called Barborka (in the name of st. Barbara) which used to be the most celebrated holiday in Silesia.

There is no coal mine in Silesia which doesn't have an altar for st. Barbara, her statue beneath the earth or a painting in a cechownia (waiting room before miners go down). Miners still pray to her for a "good death" - quick and painless - when there is an accident below.

So as You see this is the most proper not only Polish but also Silesian name.

http://www.nettg.pl/tmp/images/old_media/images/zdj-tg49-201...
^an altar and miners^

https://d-nm.ppstatic.pl/kadr/k/r/bc/26/547b6e4633a55_o,size...
^coal miners in theirs gala uniforms brings st.Barbara painting to a church for Barborka celebration^

Here, piece of Silesia for You, Lawrence.

--------

Marco - sorry for hijacking the thread. Let me know if You want me to remove this post.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marnaudo wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
Can we get a micro-badge? I want to sport some Captain's insignia!
"I rescued the Kobayashi Maru"


yesyesyesyes! Would you like to ask for it in the thread for potential microbadges?

I didn't even know there was one! And since I can't find it, I guess someone else will have to request it. Besides, this is YOUR baby, Marco.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.