Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I'm ready to take on this bad boy, and I played 3R, and I see some similarities. Defender was always doubled (at least), but now it's worder differently. However, if I read it correctly, defenders who don't have more than a "1" CTL are NOT doubled, and since 41.921A tells me tat only the bad guys and Sweden start with a CTL of "2", I need to get my UK, French, US and Russian troops bumped up to CTL "2" ---with alacrity! How do I do this? Thanks, RC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Krug
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The increase in defensive strength is described in a different section of the rules:

15.32 POSITIVE DMs: Units receive a positive DM (their defensive strength is increased) as follows:
A. Defending units receive a basic +2 DM, regardless of terrain.

If units are in partial supply or lack oil, then they can be reduced to a CTL of zero,

15.81 CTLs: All ground, air and naval units have a CTL, which reflects the research results in combat training for that alliance faction (41.92). The CTL of ground units in partial supply or subject to army oil effects is reduced by one (30.522A, 33.61C). This reduction is not cumulative. CTLs of air and naval units are distinct from the Air and Naval Nationality DRMs.

which then invokes this rule:

15.33 NEGATIVE DMs: Ground units are subject to a negative DM as follows:
C. Infantry and replacements with a CTL of zero or less incur a -1 DM unless defending in a capital, objective hex, IC, bridgehead or railhead; or in their home country. Canadian, South African and Free French units are considered to be “in their home country” when defending in Britain (82.13, 58.624). Partisans always incur a -1 DM.

There are more rules for units attacked by exploiting armor, etc. that are part of this section but I wanted to highlight the rules that apply most directly to your question about CTLs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.