Subject: Agency Card Icon on Mission Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Nicholson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Just bought this game and while reading the rules I have a question.

On page 9 of the rule book it says:

"NOTE: If a Mission Card shows the Agency Card Icon, the player must discard an Agency Card and cannot use symbols from completed Missions and Codes to satisfy that condition."

Also on page 6 it says "If the Mission shows an Agency Card icon, then the player must discard any Agency Card."

So does this mean if I have a Mission that has the spy camera, shoes and agency icon, I will need to use 3 Agency Cards to complete this mission? One for the Spy Camera, one for the Shoes and then another needs to be discarded (any type)?

This may be obvious, but just wanted to make sure I understood this correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your thoughts here I believe are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! While 2 of the requirements on the mission may be met by agency cards, completed code cards or previously completed missions, the one depicted by the agency card symbol MUST be met by the use of an agency card (any agency card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
w k
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I read it to mean you must use only agency cards for all requirements, no using code cards or mission win benefits.. I'm not sure this is 100% correct,but as I see now way to satify the requirement of an agency card other than using an agency card..I can't deduce another interpretation..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zendercrow wrote:
I read it to mean you must use only agency cards for all requirements, no using code cards or mission win benefits.. I'm not sure this is 100% correct,but as I see now way to satify the requirement of an agency card other than using an agency card..I can't deduce another interpretation..

Carrie's answer was correct. You must satisfy the Agency Card icon with an actual Agency Card, but the other icons can be satisfied with an Agency card, a completed Code Card, or an icon at the bottom of a completed Mission Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Bek
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for clearing that up!
What made it really confusing is the phrasing in the white box in the lower left corner on p. 9, which says that equipment on code Cards and completed missions "cannot be used to satisfy a mission requiring that an agency card be discarded". This is very different from saying that the "discard agency card icon" cannot be satisfied using a code or mission card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.