Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a normal multiplayer game, a round is complete when every player has taken a turn. The solo rules don't say anything about changing that definition, so each turn is effectively one round.

My question comes with the mechanism of forgetting rumors at the end of a round and the Yawning Chasm location ability. In solo play, the player is required to forget (discard) ancient secrets with at least double the value of the rumor pile and then discard the rumor pile at the end of each round. If the round is the same as the turn, you do it immediately after the refresh phase of each turn.

The Yawning Chasm's solo location action allows you to take a desperate act to discard a card from the rumor pile. If you're following the rules though, there should never be a card in the rumor pile during the explore phase as you must take care of it after every refresh phase.

The only thing I can think of is a round in solo play is different than a round in multi-play. By the description of the forget mechanic and YV solo location ability, I'm guessing that a round means all ancient secrets have been removed.

Any thoughts? How do you play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind, I found the answer after digging through some threads and it is as I suspected. A round in solo play consists of all the turns necessary to eliminate all ancient secrets from the locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.