Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Variants

Subject: Hail the Bandit King rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henri Deveroux
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So I don't normally use the Bandit module in TLN, feeling it adds mostly just artificial difficulty to an already difficult game. But I had an idea today and I was hoping to gather a few opinions on it.

After the initial setup, but before the first turn is taken, if you have the Betrayer objective you can choose to self exile and become The Bandit king. You draw an Exile objective and then follow the rules for an Exiled Bandit leader as stated in the rule book. I know it's really simple, but honestly I feel that the simpler something is the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bronnyls
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wanna give this a go.

By the time you find out who the betrayer is, and successfully exile them, I feel like there's probably not going to be much time for them to really do any damage as leader of the bandits.. so this would be a great way to see that side of the game in action!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arra Hepina
msg tools
bronnyls wrote:
I wanna give this a go.

By the time you find out who the betrayer is, and successfully exile them, I feel like there's probably not going to be much time for them to really do any damage as leader of the bandits.. so this would be a great way to see that side of the game in action!

Exiled betrayer doesn't actually become leader of the bandits anyway (page 17 in the rulebook). OP's suggestion would obviously remove the paranoia aspect from the game as the betrayer would reveal themselves right at the beginning, but I like the idea of the bandits being a bigger threat from the get-go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Deveroux
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hepina wrote:
bronnyls wrote:
I wanna give this a go.

Exiled betrayer doesn't actually become leader of the bandits anyway (page 17 in the rulebook). OP's suggestion would obviously remove the paranoia aspect from the game as the betrayer would reveal themselves right at the beginning, but I like the idea of the bandits being a bigger threat from the get-go.

This was sort of my original idea. As the betrayer you /are/ the villain of the group as it were either way. So you get the choice, be the obvious and dangerous outside threat or the hidden dagger to strike at the back of your "friends".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.