Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When exchanging two workers for a card (though I know it can also be for wood, stone or food) does that count as a turn?

Also, can I buy a person with a gold coin? It is limited only to food, wood or stone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, exchanging 2 workers for 1 food/wood/stone counts as a turn. Note that you can exchange 4 workers for 2 resources, 6 for 3 etc in the same turn (for actions that can per performed more than once per round, you can do them over multiple turns, or all in the one turn).

No, you cannot buy a worker with gold - it is limited to food/wood/stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played it such that you can just use two workers as jokers for food/wood/stone to speed up the game. However, drawing cards still takes a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And we play it so that exchanging pair(s) of workers takes a turn, but you can use gold as any of the three resources when you need them for your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
We've always played it such that you can just use two workers as jokers for food/wood/stone to speed up the game. However, drawing cards still takes a turn.

This is how we were playing it. I'm gonna switch over to the "any conversion multi or single takes a turn" mode. It appears that's the way the game was intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
done111 wrote:
This is how we were playing it. I'm gonna switch over to the "any conversion multi or single takes a turn" mode. It appears that's the way the game was intended.

I don't think it makes much difference either way. We just do it because it feels natural and it limits analysis paralysis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.