Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to decide between buying Flagship Or Mag-blast 2nd edition.

Although I don't play colectable card games any more, I used to love them. So, I think I would enjoy Flagship. On the other hand Mag-blast has better ratings but I wonder if it is too simple a game.

Whats your take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Flagship or Mag-blast ?
Bobagabe (#24065),

I haven't played Flagship yet, but would highly recommend MagBlast second edition. I own the 1st edition, which I liked. However, the 2nd edition has become extremely popular with our gaming group. I even convinced my wife into playing, and she enjoyed it too. Generally, she's not a big fan of space games, so her approval was a pleasant surprise.

Regards,
Steve Gibson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kohr
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobagabe (#24065), Flagship sucks, don't waste time on it. I only played Mag*Blast once, a long time ago (first edition), and it was only OK. But still much better than Flagship, so if you have to pick one, Mag*Blast is the one to get. However, I would recommend GMT's Galaxy ahead of either of these 2 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Dave's got it right. Flagship is pretty horrible. Mag-Blast isn't exactly streets better, so my answer would be "neither" ... but if you're dead-set on one, Flagship certainly shouldn't be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davekohr (#29039),

I disagree. I own both and have played both over ten times each at least. Both games are fun in their own way. It's true that it plays with fewer players ( unless you play teams or get the second box set...which I have )
I find Flagship to be more strategic... and a better dueling sort of space game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.