4 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pandemic Legacy Question **SPOILER** re: September rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Guerriero
Australia
flag msg tools
I have a question about the Search action in the September game of Pandemic Legacy

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In the Search for the Paranoid Soldier there are two dot points listed on the card which outline outcomes for undertaking a 'Search Action'. These dot points are:
- Advance 1 space for each card you discard matching the colour of your city.
- Advance 3 spaces if you discard the card matching your city.

We had a scenario where a player discarded the matching city card. Do we: move the search marker on the track a total of 4 spaces forward (matching city and matching color) OR Do we move the search marker forward only 3 spaces?

We elected to play the latter (move the marker only 3 spaces for that action)as we figured playing it by erring on the side of greater difficulty would mean if it ruled as easier we could beat our chests and say we played it the hard way LOL.

Out of curiosity though, which why is it meant to be played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaen wrote:
I have a question about the Search action in the September game of Pandemic Legacy

In the Search for the Paranoid Soldier there are two dot points listed on the card which outline outcomes for undertaking a 'Search Action'. These dot points are:
- Advance 1 space for each card you discard matching the colour of your city.
- Advance 3 spaces if you discard the card matching your city.

We had a scenario where a player discarded the matching city card. Do we: move the search marker on the track a total of 4 spaces forward (matching city and matching color) OR Do we move the search marker forward only 3 spaces?

We elected to play the latter (move the marker only 3 spaces for that action)as we figured playing it by erring on the side of greater difficulty would mean if it ruled as easier we could beat our chests and say we played it the hard way LOL.

Out of curiosity though, which why is it meant to be played?

This should probably be posted in the Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 forums, but the answer is:
Advance 3 spaces; it's an either/or condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Guerriero
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you.

We did end up playing correctly then.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I could be wrong, but probably not. I AM a Steve.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
Have you joined the 2016 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
Hey, go vote to choose the Hack the Black contest winners!
mbmb
Moved to Pandemic Legacy: Rules from General Gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.