Multiuniversum» Forums » General

Subject: Another great game from Manuel Correia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost didn't buy this game when I saw it pop up at BoardGameBliss. The name didn't grab me, even though the boxart looked kinda cool. But when I saw Manuel's name on it, I had to investigate further. Rahdo's runthrough showed me enough to know that it'd be a game I'd like, and I ordered it.

I finally got a chance to learn and play tonight. I did the solo game and I thought it was great! It's a very elegant design, has fantastic art, and it has a nice level of depth to it. I think I even like the solo mode more than the Agent Decker print and play (and I liked that well enough to work on a reduced black-ink version).

Oh yeah, the little box even fits the cards when sleeved with KMC Perfect Size, without having to ditch the dividing insert, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I can't wait to play this with the wife, and my other friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, thank you for the kind words! I'm very glad you liked it, and am curious to see what you think about the multiplayer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gr9yfox wrote:
Whoa, thank you for the kind words! I'm very glad you liked it, and am curious to see what you think about the multiplayer game.

Well, I played with my wife last night. I liked it just as much, and she liked it too. She did struggle with remembering the icons, so I may print out some little cheat sheets for future plays, but that's really not an issue with the game. I think the icons are perfect.

I forgot to say that I won my solo game by one point - I think it was 39-38, if I recall. And I also won against my wife, but it was fairly close, something like 46-43 or something like that. I should have written the scores down.

There are a few typos in the manual, but thankfully the game itself has no text, so those blemishes are never going to be seen by anyone but me.

Thanks for making the game! I even pre-ordered the expansion, because I like how it changes up the game, and I'm not really a Cthulhu fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
Well, I played with my wife last night. I liked it just as much, and she liked it too.

That's great to hear!

danaolson wrote:
I forgot to say that I won my solo game by one point - I think it was 39-38, if I recall. And I also won against my wife, but it was fairly close, something like 46-43 or something like that. I should have written the scores down.

Well done! The solo mode poses a different challenge, so I'm glad players are giving it a shot.

danaolson wrote:
There are a few typos in the manual, but thankfully the game itself has no text, so those blemishes are never going to be seen by anyone but me.

That's true, and we'll be addressing it in following print runs. Some players have asked about those in the forums and I try to answer them as quickly as possible. Do you have any question you'd like me to answer?

danaolson wrote:
Thanks for making the game! I even pre-ordered the expansion, because I like how it changes up the game, and I'm not really a Cthulhu fan.

Thank you for your support, and good move there! The expansion will have a very limited print run and it might be hard to get in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gr9yfox wrote:
danaolson wrote:

That's true, and we'll be addressing it in following print runs. Some players have asked about those in the forums and I try to answer them as quickly as possible. Do you have any question you'd like me to answer?

I don't think so. I think I got it all figured out. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.