Skull Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Cool with Two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out about the game while preparing my Essen shopping list...
Looks supercool. But: we are playing mostly games that are good two player co-ops.

I hear most of the games are already delivered to the backers, so, to those who already tried it, what do you think? Is it fun with two players? How does the semi-coop kick in with only two players? Or may we play it completely cooperative?

Thanks for your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
About the semi-competetive / cooperative:
It depends on how you're playing it...
You can play completely cooperative, it's fun too.
But part of the fun does in my opinion came from the thematically appropriate rivaling pirates, struggling about loot and prestige.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I backed this on Kickstarter and have played it with two players, but two players controlling two characters each and found it to be pretty fun and still keeps the whole semi-co-operative nature of the game.

There's only conflict in the game if your players want the captaincy for themselves, it'd be very easy to just agree on a captain and forgo the competitive element if that's what you're after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Sounds good to me, especially if it's up to us how to play. We indeed favour full coops, but if we have a chance to try a semi by acting like a pirate... Who knows, we may like that too if it brings a funny role play element to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.