Subject: Custome dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to boost the game with making some custom dice for it, I gave a friend that can engrave any design.

I know that FFP proposed a dozen of different dice options during Kickstarter, but can't say that amazed of them.

Could anyone propose some better thematic options rather than just replacing 6 side with Colts/Tentacle/Marshal badge symbols?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy, pistol drum with one, two, etc empty chambers. Or loaded chambers, whichever suits you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Easy, pistol drum with one, two, etc empty chambers. Or loaded chambers, whichever suits you.

Great idea. Thanx. Will try to find such images
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I feel like SOB fairly cries out for custom dice. Not just clever piping. FFG-style dice. I'm not sure why frog went with standard dice. Outside of all the obvious reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
I'm going to boost the game with making some custom dice for it, I gave a friend that can engrave any design.

I know that FFP proposed a dozen of different dice options during Kickstarter, but can't say that amazed of them.

Could anyone propose some better thematic options rather than just replacing 6 side with Colts/Tentacle/Marshal badge symbols?

Thanks,

Might I suggest this image for the 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some kind of a casket image for the six. What would be cool would be to incorporate numbers with the images. A casket with a six, six guns with a 4 in between etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
I feel like SOB fairly cries out for custom dice. Not just clever piping. FFG-style dice. I'm not sure why frog went with standard dice. Outside of all the obvious reasons.

Frankly, I love that it uses standard dice.
I truely loath custom dice for games.
If a game requires dice with funky non-numeric symbols it actually gives me pause.
Like, it wont directly stop me from getting a game, but if I'm on the fence, custom dice will push me toward the "not buying" side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
robwrigley wrote:

Frankly, I love that it uses standard dice.
I truely loath custom dice for games.
If a game requires dice with funky non-numeric symbols it actually gives me pause.
Like, it wont directly stop me from getting a game, but if I'm on the fence, custom dice will push me toward the "not buying" side.

I have to agree with you. It is one thing to make your own custom dice for it (IE: Engraved or personalized) but I don't like having to use custom dice if you have to go through a company to buy them, unless it is for Convenience sake (buying more peril die) It is actually what has kept me from some of the FFG games because I prefer to have multiple sets of dice to switch between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ball
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm not keen on custom dice either, but for SoB I did buy some lovely purple gem dice, some darkstone shards and liquid darkstone.

They all came from TheDiceShopOnline.co.uk and were and awful lot cheaper than what FFP offered in the KS

The liquid darkstone are Eldritch Gems in amethyst (they look a lot better than the photo shows).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
And now, all of a sudden, I need purple dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ToneDeaf wrote:
I'm not keen on custom dice either, but for SoB I did buy some lovely purple gem dice, some darkstone shards and liquid darkstone.

They all came from TheDiceShopOnline.co.uk and were and awful lot cheaper than what FFP offered in the KS

The liquid darkstone are Eldritch Gems in amethyst (they look a lot better than the photo shows).

I do like cool dice. Pretty colors etc.
I don't like dice that have silly symbols on them instead of numbers.
Sure, if you wanna replace the 1 with a skull and the 6 with an explosion (or something) that's fine. But if you make me memorize what a tentacle, knife, gun, and skull all mean (because they all have different mechanical effects in game)
I'm not gonna like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Few other dice with similar Wild West theme that I found:
http://store.gangfightgames.com/blackwater-gulch/blackwater-...
http://store.gangfightgames.com/blackwater-gulch/blackwater-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.