John H
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Lantau Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this up for preorder at http://www.legionwargames.com/ when I was purchasing my CPO of Redvers' Reverse.

What's to like?

- Committed, enthusiastic designer who has used a great amount of research and extensive playtesting to design a solid game with historical insights

- Clear videos on gameplay and After Action Reports of playtest sessions

- Solitaire system with dynamic card-driven AI

- A Great Lakes setting (that appeals to me as a Clevelander; YMMV)

- Production by Legion Wargames, which has produced some of the most beautiful games with excellent components. I have never been let down by a Legion game as far as production quality. Top-notch components on every single game of theirs I have purchased, with no exceptions.

I just preordered mine. I suggest every wargamer out there to consider doing so as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on all accounts. Greatly looking forward to its release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
John/Travis,

Thank you both for your support of this game, a new designer, and Legion Wargames. Like you I am very excited about this game and feel very fortunate that Gina selected LWG to produce it. So that makes 4 of us that approve of the quality of the games I am making.

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is way, way more than four Randy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable,com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, been watching this for quite some time and am looking forward to it getting completed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone!

Latest news:

Many of you know I've done all the design, testing and development thus far using VASSAL and Tabletopia.

Now that the game and components have matured to a more stable point in their development, I'm having a physical prototype printed that I can take on the road for demo purposes.

My goal is to set up AGC at Consimworld Expo next summer for drop-in play. The game lends itself to one solo player or cooperative play on the human side, so I could keep the game running continuously while various people come and go to make some moves or kibbitz.

I hope we will already have made the 250 CPO cut at Legion by then -- but if not, I'm thinking the demo and chance to play the physical game might generate the final surge of orders we might need to get it over the finish line.

And of course we're all looking forward to seeing glimpses of "real" artwork and components eventually, when AGC gets the green light and Randy feels the time is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just preordered this through the CPO at Legion Wargames. The designer notes impressed me so I thought I'd support this game. I really like the AI system this game offers. It looks like a very well thought out design.

My only experience with Legion Wargames is a current CPO for Target for Today which has reached the number needed but I believe is still in final development. I have heard good things about Legion Wargames so I'm optimistic both these games will be excellent.

Good luck. I hope you reach 250 orders soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Redheaded Pharmacist -- I hope you will find A Glorious Chance to be "just what the doctor ordered." ( sorry, couldn't resist!)

But seriously -- please let me know if there are other aspects of the game you're curious to know more about. That will help me think of new topics for future designer's notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.