Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: SIlver Surfer and and general star question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just started playing Marvel Legendary and enjoyed it quite a bit. I had a bit of a problem with the special ability cards however. The card Ward Speed for the Silver Surfer for example says that you can draw a card if you have 2 recruitment stars, but the card itself already has 2 stars. Does that mean that you can count the stars from the stars itself? The same question applies for similar cards like the Power Cosmic etc.

Pelle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can use any recruit points you have, including those on the card. Also remember that in the case of Focus abilities you can use them as many times as you can, as long as you gather the necessary recruit points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver surfer has the Focus ability on his cards, which requires you to spend the amount of recruit points specified in the ability to get the effect. So it's not enough to just have 2 recruit points generated, you must choose to spend them on the Focus ability to get the effect instead of on recruiting a hero or on another card's Focus ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedish Gamer wrote:
I just started playing Marvel Legendary and enjoyed it quite a bit. I had a bit of a problem with the special ability cards however. The card Ward Speed for the Silver Surfer for example says that you can draw a card if you have 2 recruitment stars, but the card itself already has 2 stars. Does that mean that you can count the stars from the stars itself? The same question applies for similar cards like the Power Cosmic etc.

Pelle

You just started playing and have the Fantastic Four expansion? That is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Might as well go all in when it comes to Marvel, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedish Gamer wrote:
Might as well go all in when it comes to Marvel, right?

Very true....its about the only thing I havent allowed myself to buy that I want badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedish Gamer wrote:

Pelle

I would recommend re-reading how Focus works. If you don't have the rule book you can find it on the Fantastic Four legendary page here at BGG. Basically what the cards is you pay 2 recruit to draw a card.

Focus reads like this:

Focus 2*->Draw a card.

Reads like this: Pay 2 recruit, draw a card.

Basically you are spending your recruit points on the effects of the heroes rather than on recruiting a new hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.