4 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Indebted - end mission timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy phillippe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We just finished playing indebted and a question came up about the timing of the end mission event.

I had crowded the cell and corridor leading to it with nexu and storm troopers. Fenn was just outside the corridor and, as the last activation of round 6 had enough movement points to get into the cell and interact with the token to free the prisoner. However, he didn't have enough movement points to exit the occupied spaces and resolve his activation properly. In fact, he had spent all available movement points to get adjacent to the token.

I read the rules literally, when Shortatha is freed, the mission ends with a rebel victory. So there is no need to resolve the movement, as the mission has ended. So we awarded rebels the victory.

I'm 99% sure I'm right but I just wanted to check, since he had no more movement points, should the movement have been resolved before he could use the second action and interact with the token.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to perform an action, such as an Interact action, you must first end your movement. You can begin movement again later on if you still have points to spend.

In the above situation, it appears there was no valid space to end movement in a space in which the Interact action could be performed. Hence, it was not possible to Interact with the relevant token without opening a space up first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy phillippe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Having reread the movement rules a few times, I've realised we've been playing movements wrong. We've havent treated movements as discreet entities, and have just played that you can spend movement points at any point during an activation. So we have allowed moving into another figures space, perform an attack whilst in that space, and then move out of that space. I see know that this is not allowed.

The key rule is "The definition of “moving through a space” is that the figure can enter the space as long as it does not end its movement in the space".

Also, in this example, he shouldn't have moved into the space if he didn't have enough movement points to exit the space.

Oh well, always learning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's one of the rules that many find hard to grasp. You seem to have it perfectly figured out now, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.