CO₂» Forums » General

Subject: Any plans for CO2 deluxe version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maciej w
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Vinhos is getting a deluxe version and CO2 is (a) Vital's next design, (b) is relatively lower developed (in terms of components at least)... I wonder if Vital is planning on making CO2 deluxe versions in the near future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Correia
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vital did mention in a Reddit AMA a desire to make a deluxe reprint of CO2 with Giochix.

But it should take a couple of years. Other (new?) games must come first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/461t24/hello_im...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely be interested. Maybe some resin power plant figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely be interested in a (re-)developed game with nicer components. I wouldn't do it if it were an Eagle Gryphon Games deluxe reprint, but I'd almost certainly support a GiochiStarter project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maciej w
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieBoard wrote:
Vital did mention in a Reddit AMA a desire to make a deluxe reprint of CO2 with Giochix.

But it should take a couple of years. Other (new?) games must come first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/461t24/hello_im...

Thank you ZombieBoard.
Here is the part where Vital answers the question:

Question:
Are there any plans in the works to have a Kickstarter for a CO2 deluxe edition? I love the high quality of all of your games and a deluxe edition of CO2 would be amazing!

Answer by Vital Lacerda:
Thank you. In fact Giochix (CO2 original publisher) ask me for it. But I have other plans before. So, if I decided to follow on that path will take a few years though.

I am happy with these plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should replace all the components with extra outsize graphite versions just to sequester to the absolute max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be fine with a non-deluxe in-print edition... can't find this anywhere. (Ofc, a deluxe edition with custom meeples would be awesome though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eustice

Wichita Falls
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold Games has a few in stock you can still order straight from them. I just got a copy about a month ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a really great game and, personally, I think it's Vital's best. I have a game aid in the file section that can help condense the rules for teaching as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maciej w
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have talked to Vital at Essen. He mentioned that new version will likely be prepared for Essen 2017. It is the publisher's request as he informed me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I only hope the same art style can be used as the game is beautiful.

The only real issue I have as it lacks Vital's usual clear use of iconography to help the game, especially with the research tracks. Worst of all, though, are the point tracks which aren't long enough to contain the points and wrap into other tracks making them near useless and frustrating to use at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Miranda
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elayeth wrote:
I have talked to Vital at Essen. He mentioned that new version will likely be prepared for Essen 2017. It is the publisher's request as he informed me...

Great!

He told anything about this version? If it would be just a reprint or with new rules/components? Or maybe a deluxe version?

And do you know if it would be Giochix, Stronghold or Eagle Gryphon to publish?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian O'Toole is the artist that worked with Vital for The Gallerist, Vinhos Deluxe and Lisboa. He recently implied that he is working on the new version of CO2. Make of it what you will.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdrTTcgcuP/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new entry in BGG for the 2nd Edition here CO₂ (second edition)

Vital has posted a new picture of what might be the new power plants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.