Royals» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2-Player: Alternate Noble House Bonus Marker Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
In a regular 2-player game only the 8 point tile is used, and the first player to get a cube on every scoring marker tile receives this 8 point tile to count towards their final score at the end of the game.

I propose a minor variant for those that are interested ...

Set up using both the 16 point tile and the 8 point tile. The first player to get a cube on each scoring tile marker receives the 16 point marker, and the 2nd player to do it later receives the 8 point marker.

Essentially this works out to the same thing IF both players end up getting a cube on each scoring tile marker (very likely). However, if for whatever reason they do not, it would be a 16 point swing, instead of 8 points.

This forces the 2nd player to not ignore this aspect of the game once the 1st player claims the tile for being first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
United States
Prospect
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree entirely with you Bill. I played this way all the time. The publishers decided it wasn't necessary and suggested just one 8 point marker for the 2 player game. But I like the idea of the 2nd player having to collect one of each noble rank to ensure he is not 16 points behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.