Subject: Bases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brown
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand that a Base become active during the allocation phase by expanding a dump in it's hex, but when does it loose this active status?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It happens in the Reinforcements Phase of the Turn Sequence. "Flip all bases to OGS side."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, and sorry for such a stupid question

I'm really struggling with the rules on this one, there seems be a lot of moving parts and I'm not quite sure how they all come togther
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a stupid question at all. You are very right that this game has a lot of moving parts. The original Desert Fox had more than was normal for a magazine game in its day, and was difficult to learn then, especially since it had some new concepts.

Chris Perello has modified it enough that I am having to work at getting it, even though the original was, for thirty years, one of my top five wargames. The interesting thing for me is that each time I have an "aha" moment as I wrap my mind around these rules, I find that I also really think the change was well thought out, and has made the game even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.