Subject: Discarding your purchased cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vijayakrishna Ranganathan
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Is it possible to discard one or some of your purchased KEEP cards? And if I can, do I need to pay energy? And at which stage of the turn will I be allowed to discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
As thier name implies, purchased "Keep" cards are kept for the remainder of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, can you give example of why you would want to discard one? Seems to me if you don't want to use one you just don't use it. Is there one that is bad that makes you use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameChronicles wrote:
Is it possible to discard one or some of your purchased KEEP cards? And if I can, do I need to pay energy? And at which stage of the turn will I be allowed to discard?

The only way to ditch your Keep cards (using just KoNY cards), is the Tesla Cannon.
Costs 5, EVERYBODY loses a Keep card.

shadowsclassic wrote:
Just curious, can you give example of why you would want to discard one? Seems to me if you don't want to use one you just don't use it. Is there one that is bad that makes you use it?

Unlike KoT, there are a a few 'cursed' Keep cards. They're cheap, and give good bonuses now, at the cost of a permanent downside.
*Overload, costs 0, gives +4E now, but you get 1 less E anytime you would gain some.
*Natural Selection, costs 2, +4E, +4H, Extra Head effect. BUT If you ever end a roll with a [Star], you lose all your Health.
*Terminal Rage, costs 4, Take an extra turn right away, but you MUST always keep all Claws you roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
msg tools
My thought is, if you don't like the cards enough to keep them, don't buy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.