Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
played 3 games this weekend

one game came in trouble... to many adventures on the wrong side of the board..

i was quite fast as well 4 dice and +1 mountain symbol.. but still didnt feel a good way to spend actions/time..

at the end of the game i had 6 adventure cards in my hand..( to me feel like 6 unused turns)

considering .. trash 2 adventures to stop the time track from moving up?

issue might have been.. 1st 2 games i was warrior types. didnt mind a scrap on orange adventures

problem game was the human wizard .. i avoided oranges mostly mayeb did 1-2 that turned out not to be fights!

started with a little trading..and adventures and manged to get all skill slots filled.helped by streetwise..but couldn't acquire any extra tokens..that fit his play style.

2 extra turns might have enable me to

chalk it up to bad luck or draw? or my play style

P.s both other games where losses.. but felt much closer and more action happening.. all vs the bug boss...

could add extra restrictions:- only once per advancement
or only on to none symbol-ed parts of the the time track..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I take it that you mean bug boss by the spider ariad expansion one?
I suggest practising on Margath first. Have not played the expansion (yet to receive) so can't comment on how it plays solo.
I know this might not have been much help but didn't see anyone post yet so thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
Another tactic is to transport goods as you chase down quests on the other side of the board to build up cash.
If you have too many unused adventures your variant sounds ok but unsure how your building up that many when you have 4 dice and a mountain terrain - perhaps bad luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.