$20.00
$60.00
Glen Young
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Imagine an iOS app of Thin Ice that could be played on an iPad and iPhone to reach more potential players. What features might it have?

Face-to-face play is undoubtedly best, whether on the physical game, a single shared device, or in the same room with separate devices. But having the ability to find opponents via the Internet would greatly expand opportunities to play ... and could optionally provide a ranking system to measure a players ability to survive in the arctic.

Movement could be as simple as sliding a tile, tapping a meeple or polar bear from one location to another, and selecting a die to roll. Rules are automatically enforced by the game play, with optional items like cards and various tiles selectable in game setup.

Actions could be shown with appropriate animation and sound effects. Ice cracking, refreezing, polar bear growls, etc. A player set adrift could kind of fade out of view.

What are your thoughts on these ideas, and what features would you like to have? How much would you pay for a quality iOS adaptation of Thin Ice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually like a solo play option. I have the board game itself if I want multiplayer but I'm always on the lookout for good iOS solo games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Young
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Solo play! I like that too. Maybe the creative minds on this site can come up with a solo variant ... and for that matter, perhaps even a cooperative play variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.