2 Posts

Cultists & Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zealots, Black, and Redish-Brown (or perhaps purple-ish) cards.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Rian
msg tools
Got a couple of question:

1. The zealot says he's not a target of the Coo-Coo card, but I noticed on their videos that when someone rolled a combination of three 1s or 2s that they didn't apply the insanity aspect to the zealot cultist (i.e. dump the cultist). I looked through the rules, but do not see where that rule is articulated. Am I missing something? Do three combination of 1s or 2s not effect the zealot?

2. The Black and Redish-Brown (or perhaps purple-ish) cards with H.P. Lovecraft on the back. How do they fit in the game? The rules do not mention them either. Based on watching their videos and reading the cards, I think the black backed cards get their own pile and are played at the end of a game by the winner (one card only). Correct? Which of course leaves the Redish-Brown(or perhaps purple-ish) cards? Do they get mixed into the ritual deck? Separate deck? Who gets to use them and when?

3. I noticed in their video, nobody had more than one cultist (except when the acolyte was played which specifies he can be played with other cultists). Can you only ever have one cultist in play (with the exception of the acolyte)?.... based on previous questions/answers I guess this is a yes. Though I do like the aspect of having more in play and only using one to determine the number of dice one gets. It's kind of like having a cult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandarian wrote:
Got a couple of question:

1. The zealot says he's not a target of the Coo-Coo card, but I noticed on their videos that when someone rolled a combination of three 1s or 2s that they didn't apply the insanity aspect to the zealot cultist (i.e. dump the cultist). I looked through the rules, but do not see where that rule is articulated. Am I missing something? Do three combination of 1s or 2s not effect the zealot?

That was a mistake in the video, sorry. Zealots can not be targeted by the card but can go insane.

Pandarian wrote:
2. The Black and Redish-Brown (or perhaps purple-ish) cards with H.P. Lovecraft on the back. How do they fit in the game? The rules do not mention them either. Based on watching their videos and reading the cards, I think the black backed cards get their own pile and are played at the end of a game by the winner (one card only). Correct? Which of course leaves the Redish-Brown(or perhaps purple-ish) cards? Do they get mixed into the ritual deck? Separate deck? Who gets to use them and when?

The Cult Leaders (redish-brown) cards are kept separate from the deck and your hand. 1 is dealt to each player at the start of the game and can be discarded at any time for a 1 time effect.

Pandarian wrote:
3. I noticed in their video, nobody had more than one cultist (except when the acolyte was played which specifies he can be played with other cultists). Can you only ever have one cultist in play (with the exception of the acolyte)?.... based on previous questions/answers I guess this is a yes. Though I do like the aspect of having more in play and only using one to determine the number of dice one gets. It's kind of like having a cult.

The official rule is that you can only have 1 cultist in play with the Acolyte being the exception. If you want to house rule a cult following version feel free and let us know how it plays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.