$20.00
$30.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Mythos Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Uptown Park rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Several people have speculated as to the exact location of Uptown Park on the map of Arkham. I have a copy of the old map that came with the PnP version of Arkham Investigator and on this map the Uptown Park is located in the space between West Pickman Street and West High Street and the addresses U41/42 and U10. On the new map that came with Mythos Tales this area is blank, so I assume this is the same area where the Uptown Park is located.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Uptown Park is U67

Per correction insert in my game.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I can vouch for that too

jondigman wrote:
Uptown Park is U67

Per correction insert in my game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

I can vouch for that too

jondigman wrote:
Uptown Park is U67

Per correction insert in my game.


No correction insert came in my game. Is there any other information I am missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elegia Spellweaver
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that Upton Park is on the very left edge of West High Street. U67 is correct, but it refers to the pruple shaded location most northwest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Striker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any chance someone is willing to upload the corrections for those of us who didn't receive them with the game?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing exactly where this is supposed to be would be nice.

Perhaps a sticker overlay we can print with precise location of where to put it.

My original thought was that U67 would be in a large unmarked area just east of, you know, U66.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
As I mentioned, the location on the original PnP map is the space right between U41/42 and U10. This still makes sense to my recent playthrough of this scenario. I will try to find an image to post.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lena Sorensen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdstriker wrote:
Any chance someone is willing to upload the corrections for those of us who didn't receive them with the game?


The errata came on a separate piece of paper, outside the game box but in the cardboard packing box. The errata reads:

CORRECTION: UPTON PARK LOCATION IS U67
Upton Park is referenced in Investigation One.
This location was missing from directory and map.


Other than that, there are some notes about how something that looks like an error may actually be a clue.

I've scanned and uploaded the entire page here on the BGG "Mythos Tales" Files page for those that want to read the whole thing ... except BGG won't let me post it since I don't have permission from the publisher.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Knowing exactly where this is supposed to be would be nice.

Perhaps a sticker overlay we can print with precise location of where to put it.

My original thought was that U67 would be in a large unmarked area just east of, you know, U66.


Ya I just took a sharpie and placed it to the right of U66 as well. Then i put it in the directory under "Other" or whatever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAn
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Reminder to self: Check BGG prior to commencement of first play of any game. You may find, for instance, that in a game ostensibly centred around the investigation of a crime, the location details for the very scene in which the crime itself took place may be missing.

Not that we played this for the first time tonight or anything...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rakehell wrote:
Reminder to self: Check BGG prior to commencement of first play of any game. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Not that we played this for the first time tonight or anything...


Oh, thanks for the spoiler.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAn
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Oh, thanks for the spoiler.


Can it be considered a spoiler when the intro to the case literally gives you this information in those exact words?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rakehell wrote:
Stu Holttum wrote:
Oh, thanks for the spoiler.


Can it be considered a spoiler when the intro to the case literally gives you this information in those exact words?


Since I've not yet played it, it looked exactly like one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bromley
msg tools
Remembering my playthrough of the PnP version of Case 1, it's probably not a great idea to visit U67 anyway... right? Perhaps the designers deliberately left it off the map and out of the directory to save your sanity.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bromley
msg tools
matineeidyll129 wrote:
Remembering my playthrough of the PnP version of Case 1, it's probably not a great idea to visit U67 anyway... right? Perhaps the designers deliberately left it off the map and out of the directory to save your sanity.


Ergh?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matineeidyll129 wrote:
Remembering my playthrough of the PnP version of Case 1, it's probably xxxxxxxxxxxxx


That part could indeed be considered a spoiler and probably should be tagged as such.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.