West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The rulebook, in the setting up for the end game, says:
Quote:
The Endgame uses the Endgame mini-board (south quadrant of the main game board). The entire mini-board is considered one Location.
Take the Antagonist from the Antagonist box in the top left corner on the board and place him in the Endgame Antagonist box. This indicates that
rules on the Antagonist card are now active.

So, the first time we played we assume that the rules of the antagonist applies for the final 3 challenges. However, we read in the story guide the following:
Quote:
The Antagonist special rules are not active until the Final Showdown. That is, investigators will not benefit from the “Spellcraft is Wild” ability before the Final Showdown.

So, we are assuming that we should follow the rule in the story guide book.
If that is correct I think that rule should be phrased similarly in the rulebook.
We have been using the app so pretty much we ignored the guide book.
Maybe the rule in the rulebook makes more sense for the other stories.

Thanks,
Francesc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Francesc,

Thank you for the question.

You are right, the Story Guide is confusing. The text in the Rulebook is correct, i.e. the Antagonist special rule is used for the 3 Endgame Challenges. In the case of the Pagan Ritual, you can use Spellcraft as WILD icons for any of the 3 random Endgame Challenges.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

Happy gaming

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So does that mean the only dice you use at the final shwodown are dice you accrued during the challenges. The way the rulebook was written made it sound like I could get bonus dice for the final showdown by having occultist symbol, but I take your clarification to mean that that bonus applies to the endgame challenges, and that when you get to the final showdown, you simply use the dice you have (and the only items that matter are items with auto success or reroll).

There's no other ways to get dice for the Final Showdown. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@Siathe

You are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.