$35.00
Allison Parrish
msg tools
designer

Rewordable

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rewordable/rewordable-t... Starts at $20 for the game, $35 for two copies, $50 for the game plus the "MA•G•NE•TI•C" edition, and a few higher tiers for more goodies. The Kickstarter ends on October 26th.

Rewordable is a game for two to eight players, played with a 120-card deck. Players take turns making words with the cards from their hand and a shared pool, with the goal of amassing the largest “lexicon” by the end of the game. Players can add to their own words, or even steal words from other players – if they can add onto another player’s word. Sixteen “Rewardable” tokens also rotate into play during the game, giving players a changing set of goals, strategies and bonuses.

Rewordable differs from typical word-building games in that its deck consists not of individual letters but of common one-, two- and three-letter sequences found in English. The design process included statistical analysis, computer simulation, and extensive playtesting to produce a deck carefully engineered to facilitate the construction of longer, more common, more satisfying words. Combined with the game’s striking visual design, Rewordable is an inclusive and engaging play experience that will appeal to players of all interests and skill levels.

We were the first non-digital game to be accepted into the NYU Game Center Incubator. Bennett Foddy (of QWOP fame) had this to say:

We're all first-time board game designers, but still somehow managed to hit 50% of our $15k goal in the first three days of the Kickstarter. We'd love to get feedback from you all and maybe see a few backers from the BGG community. Official website here: http://www.rewordable.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hello. Saw the game when it popped up on KS the other day. I particularly enjoy word games so did give it a good look. What I noticed is that even with all the playtesting mentioned I'm not finding any videos of gameplay at all, nor a rulebook. I don't usually do PNP but don't recall seeing that either, or trusted player reviews, GIFs illustrating turn actions or end scoring...

Mostly I'm puzzled because it's clearly a serious (read: legitimate) game campaign, while not including any of the markers I would normally see in such a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison Parrish
msg tools
designer
All good points, and thank you for the feedback! We have a version of the rules we're going to upload soon and plan to do a gameplay video ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
allisonparrish wrote:
All good points, and thank you for the feedback! We have a version of the rules we're going to upload soon and plan to do a gameplay video ASAP.

Great to hear! Please let us know when content is added. As I said, I'm partial to word games - just looking for the excuse reason to pull the trigger on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Szetela
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi Jamie, we have the rules posted on our website now. You can check them out at:

http://rewordable.com/rules/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.