$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Joe Pruitt
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
I recently acquired just enough credit on Amazon to purchase Xia, Legends of a Drift System, and was about to pull the trigger, when I heard about Smugglers of the Galaxy, which I hadn't known about before and seems to scratch the same itch as Xia for a fraction of the price. Xia seems to be more popular, but is it 3x better (that's the price difference)?

Is there anyone who has played both who can compare them?

(Also, feel free to recommend other similar games, but I'd prefer to keep it to a space/sci-fi theme)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Radcliffe BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't the gigantic ratings gap be your answer? Never heard of Smugglers but I can say Xia is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Carroll
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was torn between The Phantom League and Xia myself... from the perspective of someone who's never played either I was actually more interested in the gameplay of Phantom League however I just couldn't resist those tiny painted ships in Xia especially when the kickstarter for the expansion came around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Not the avatar you're looking for
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhogun wrote:
I recently acquired just enough credit on Amazon to purchase Xia, Legends of a Drift System, and was about to pull the trigger, when I heard about Smugglers of the Galaxy, which I hadn't known about before and seems to scratch the same itch as Xia for a fraction of the price. Xia seems to be more popular, but is it 3x better (that's the price difference)?

Is there anyone who has played both who can compare them?

(Also, feel free to recommend other similar games, but I'd prefer to keep it to a space/sci-fi theme)
Never heard of Smugglers, but based of the ratings difference and the components, I would say Xia is absolutely worth the higher price. Xia also has an expansion coming out soon that looks like it will fix some of the problems with the base game, as well as add the ability to play solo and 2-player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have smugglers for free if you pay for the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.