$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Arboretum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gaining rights to score points of a path not present in your arboretum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Hi everyone,

just had my first play with Arboretum (love it), and now I'm pondering a bit deeper on the rules. There's one passage that is obscure, so, possibly I missed a point and someone could give me a hand.

The passage is (panel 6 of the English rules)

"Note: it is possible to gain the right to score points of a color of path that is not present in your arboretum"

And I got lost at "your arboretum". I get it's possible to score points for a path you don't have cards for in hand (no one else has card of that type in hand, thus everyone scores), but I don't understand what enables you to target something not in your arboretum.

Thanks for help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
The point is that if you hold the largest point value in your hand at the end of the game in a suit, you can block other people from scoring that suit. So it might get you zero .... but it will also get other players zero even though they have got a path in that suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Nate Dorward wrote:
The point is that if you hold the largest point value in your hand at the end of the game in a suit, you can block other people from scoring that suit. So it might get you zero .... but it will also get other players zero even though they have got a path in that suit.

Right. So, you gain the right, but you actually score none. It's just to give emphasis to the "block" maneuver, correct?

Thanks a million for the help given!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Nate Dorward wrote:

Right. So, you gain the right, but you actually score none. It's just to give emphasis to the "block" maneuver, correct?

Thanks a million for the help given!

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Thank you all guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.