Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Dungeon Twister» Forums » Rules

Subject: Probably obvious - other player's items... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
Just got DT and looking forward to playing. One thing that wasn't clear on my initial reading of the rules was in what ways (if any) I can interact with my opponent's items. Can I pick them up (I assume yes)...can I use them myself?

-MMM
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use them. It doesn't matter whose set they belong to; whoever picks them up has full use of them.
 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Just got DT and looking forward to playing. One thing that wasn't clear on my initial reading of the rules was in what ways (if any) I can interact with my opponent's items. Can I pick them up (I assume yes)...can I use them myself?

-MMM


Hell yeah! Nothing's more fun (well, in this game at least) than toasting your opponent with his own fireball wand!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
You can pick them up... you can use them yourself... and one thing you may wish to do, is: you can carry them to your own start line and drop them there, ensuring the opponent will never be able to pick up and use said item. Oftentimes that's a good plan when your opponent places a key item (especially treasure) deep in your territory. Rather than having to carry the treasure the length of the board to score it (unlikely, usually) and rather than having to hold or guard it on the borad while the opponent concentrates an effort to wrest it from your hands; instead, just grab it and tow it back to your start line. Now your opponent will never be able to pick it up, and if circumstances arise that you want to pick it up and use it, you can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
Rather than having to carry the treasure the length of the board to score it (unlikely, usually) and rather than having to hold or guard it on the borad while the opponent concentrates an effort to wrest it from your hands; instead, just grab it and tow it back to your start line. Now your opponent will never be able to pick it up, and if circumstances arise that you want to pick it up and use it, you can.


But can't your opponant just blitz your line (speed potion maybe) and snarf the treasure over for an unexpectedly easy 2 points?

Different strokes etc but if I saw an opponant kindly carry the treasure back to his own line for me I'd push hard to finish the job off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamontagne
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
But can't your opponant just blitz your line (speed potion maybe) and snarf the treasure over for an unexpectedly easy 2 points?

Different strokes etc but if I saw an opponant kindly carry the treasure back to his own line for me I'd push hard to finish the job off.


Once an item is on your starting line, your opponent can't pick it up, his character just teleports out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Any character exits the game as soon as it crosses the threshold onto the opposing starting line. It's not possible for any character to pick up an object after crossing the boundary between the last rooms and the opposing starting line.

(edit: I am way too slow. Opened the reply window a long time before but forgot to submit...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.