Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband, I, and a friend played a 4 player demo of this with the guy who was doing the demo at a board game cafe yesterday evening. We all three really enjoyed the game- it was fast, and light, with enough strategy to be engaging, but not so much the game dragged. It'll be fantastic to fill spaces between larger games, when something more simple like Love Letter, or Zombie Dice isn't appealing.

However we were really disappointed that there were no copies available to buy! The Loot&XP Cafe is a game store as well, so it wouldn't have been out of their wheelhouse to be able to sell games. The guy running the demo mentioned that it was a newer release, but I'm surprised that they were asked to demo the game, and then not sent at least a copy or two to sell! However the proceeds would have been split up between the Cafe and the Publishers and whatnot, someone missed out on impulse buy money last night. While I definitely want the game and thought it was a blast to play, now that the newly played luster has worn off, there's other games I'm simply more interested in getting first. :/

Either way, the game is great, if you see a chance to demo it do so! I really enjoyed having someone who's experienced show us how to play. I just wish whoever handles setting up the demos for the company (I assume the publishers, but I could be mistaken!) could have ensured there were a couple copies around to buy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fulton
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When the envoy demo weekend was scheduled we had no idea the response we would get from the game. It got snapped up really fast on us. Sorry there were limited copies available to purchase in the store.

You can still pick it up in some stores and online at places like coolstuffinc.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/227274

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh good! I wondered if that had maybe been the case, and they just ran out before getting to our store. I was thinking that surely with a game this good they wouldn't have decided to run a demo and not send copies to sell!

No worries though, we'll be snagging this one soon! It was very enjoyable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.