Popular Tags: [View All]
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I recently played my first full solo game and managed to defeat the first borg cube. Then when I explored the map the final tile was placed in a way that meant I was unable to access it because of the asteroid field.

I could not have known that there would be an asteroid field on the tile so I cannot see anything I can do. Was there anything I could have done to get onto this tile and attack the final borg cube?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draw another one is what I would have done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread: Question - Borg Locked in with No Access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link to the other thread, drawing another borg tile or rotating were my thoughts but its nice to have confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that there are at least two ways to access it that do not involve any house rules:

1. Using extra tiles (removed during startup). They need to be connected to at least 3 other tiles though, so this is not always possible.

2. Getting an ability that allows you to pass through impassable spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where would I find that ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Stu.

There are some Advanced Actions and Undiscovered Cards that would allow you to pass through the Asteroid Fields, but they are rare and so you could not depend on finding them.

As Rus mentioned, the rules allow you to explore additional tiles that were removed during set-up as long as they will interface with at least 3 other tiles (see Exploration on page 6 of the full rulebook). This would allow you to go around the long way if necessary.

Good luck!

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Andrew. To clarify: If there is nowhwere on the map I can fit a tile that will connect with 3 others (as in this case) then I'm out of luck and have to hope for a card or home-rule a solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Stu, that is correct, although in this case you could explore to the left of the Borg Cube Tile if you go around the asteroids to your left. It looks like that hole is bordering 3 tiles.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.