Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen the artscow postings for a deck of cards as money for power grid for around $17. Im looking to get a deck of money cards that would be under $10. Any suggestions, order coupons or deals to make this happen??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternative: some people go to a big box and get an inexpensive box of poker chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im not a fan of poker chips, but thanks for the suggestion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
myronborgan wrote:

Yeah, I'm not either: they're heavy and don't easily preserve secret money.

Another option might be Monopoly or whatever money.

...thinking about it... I would be really tempted to just print and cut my own. One advantage is that you can make bills in all the odd amounts of PG payouts, which makes end of turn payouts much faster.

It wouldn't be terrible to give each player a "ledger" where he records income, auction costs, and fuel costs. Those would be pretty interesting to compare after a close game. You might check to see if anyone has created such a thing in the PG files section.

Four-function calculators I've seen as low as $1 if anyone's bad at math, solar, so no batteries to worry about; I've had one in my car for eons, through hot and cold weather, and never had a problem with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kenigsberg

Dix Hills
New York
msg tools
I use quality poker chips and it works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Braun
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a bunch of clay poker chips at goodwill, all one color, and then got the power grid poker chip template in the file section. All one color helps with secret treasuries, and chips are satisfying to me in a tactile way. Plus you can annoy people with the clackity clack...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Paterson
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Droo!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use poker chips (I put some stickers on them), and I use some bags I got from artscow for secrecy ( Powergrid Artscow Bags ). Plus a bag of chips sounds / feels nice.

The downside is the chips make the game much heavier than normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myronborgan wrote:

Me neither. They make the game essentially non portable. That or bulge-y with a mini set. And it's usually hard to hide.

I wish there was a good cardstock option. How about this?

Buy 4 decks of identical 52 playing cards and use that as money. Ace, 2, 3...9 are 1s through 9, then all of Jack is 10, Queen is 20, King is 50, and Joker is 100. You should take a Index Card and write the translation of values on it as a reference for view of the others. (Feedback appreciated on any potential issues)

It should cost $4 from a dollar store. It may feel thematically weird though. You may need a deckbox to store the cards, and I say don't unsorted them after - leave them in piles of 2s 3s etc for the next game. Ignore suits of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of threads already discussing this. None of them works for youn?

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/power-grid-mone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They work. Just expensive to me for a game I play twice a year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sy CHAN
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
NA
flag msg tools
I played the game everyweek, and just use tape to cover both side of the money. cheap but need some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.