Scuba» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reaching the surface and snorkeling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I understand it correctly? After I paid the air at 0-15 feet I can place my diver at the water line when I own at least one more air?
What is the different between swimming and snorkeling?
Can I snorkel only left and right to the boat? (because I have to put my meeple on the boat otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looy
Netherlands
Rozenburg
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kai96 wrote:
Do I understand it correctly? After I paid the air at 0-15 feet I can place my diver at the water line when I own at least one more air?
Can I snorkel only left and right to the boat? (because I have to put my meeple on the boat otherwise).

You can surface whenever you have movement left. One vertical movement from 0-5m (0-15ft) brings you to the surface. Swimming and snorkeling is the same thing. It allows you to see animals on the 0-5m / 0-15ft depth without having to use air/ You can snorkel everywhere, you just put your meeple underneath/left/right of the boat if you want to snorkel on that spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duikertje1990 wrote:
Kai96 wrote:

You can surface whenever you have movement left. One vertical movement from 0-5m (0-15ft) brings you to the surface. Swimming and snorkeling is the same thing. It allows you to see animals on the 0-5m / 0-15ft depth without having to use air/ You can snorkel everywhere, you just put your meeple underneath/left/right of the boat if you want to snorkel on that spot.

I'm not understanding this, Martin. By snorkeling, I assume you mean having a meeple in the row above the top labeled (0-5 meters) row. How does that allow you to see animals in the 0-5m row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looy
Netherlands
Rozenburg
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
Duikertje1990 wrote:
Kai96 wrote:

I'm not understanding this, Martin. By snorkeling, I assume you mean having a meeple in the row above the top labeled (0-5 meters) row. How does that allow you to see animals in the 0-5m row?

Because when snorkeling (at the surface) you can always (in tropical water at least) see the corals and fish in the top 5 meters (15 feet) of the water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duikertje1990 wrote:
debwentworth wrote:
Duikertje1990 wrote:
Kai96 wrote:

Because when snorkeling (at the surface) you can always (in tropical water at least) see the corals and fish in the top 5 meters (15 feet) of the water.

Oh, yes, I see that special rule now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bond
msg tools
Moving costs with snorkeling
do I have to pay moving costs for snorkeling?
can I move from anywhere on the water surface directly to the boat without moving costs?
why should i go on the boat, because it's enough to be next to the boat?

Nice game, but the german manual is bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sabrina Lais
msg tools
Bought the game in Essen and tried it today. Unfortunately the rules couldn't answer all our questions. So we're still looking for the purpose of the malus points on the outer three columns (-1, -2 and -3)? Could you clarify this perhaps?

Probably Scuba is a really nice game, but the production should be improved (in our version there is sticky dirt on the back of the board) and the rule book is improvable (better structure, more details and the german translation is not that good). It's a pity that the descriptions on the cards are just English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looy
Netherlands
Rozenburg
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
schlawiener wrote:
do I have to pay moving costs for snorkeling?
can I move from anywhere on the water surface directly to the boat without moving costs?
why should i go on the boat, because it's enough to be next to the boat?

Nice game, but the german manual is bad
Hi James,

Yes, snorkeling costs movement as usual.
Rising to the surface costs one movement point.
You don't have to be on the boat, but it might be nice to get rid of your equipment and have a drink!

Sorry about the German manual, there is an errata available on BGG for downloading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looy
Netherlands
Rozenburg
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lina2510 wrote:
Bought the game in Essen and tried it today. Unfortunately the rules couldn't answer all our questions. So we're still looking for the purpose of the malus points on the outer three columns (-1, -2 and -3)? Could you clarify this perhaps?

Probably Scuba is a really nice game, but the production should be improved (in our version there is sticky dirt on the back of the board) and the rule book is improvable (better structure, more details and the german translation is not that good). It's a pity that the descriptions on the cards are just English.

You will get those minus points when the game ends and you are on one of those squares. Then the captain has to pick you up. You can also swim back to the boat, but after the game ends and you have used your one/two (depending on who is the starting player) turns, you can have two turns for -5 points each, so then staying there and collecing -1/-2/-3 is better.

Please refer to the German errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.