Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Paint [+] [View All]
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not much of a painter, but I was inspired by a couple of the threads on here and so gave it a crack. Was pleasantly surprised by the results. It helps to have the excellent art by Jakub on the faction sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VillainousEye wrote:
I'm not much of a painter, but I was inspired by a couple of the threads on here and so gave it a crack. Was pleasantly surprised by the results. It helps to have the excellent art by Jakub on the faction sheets.

If you hit "quickquote" below this post you will see how to make the images large enough for those of us with aging eyes to see!

Nice job on the painting, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Trunick
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great paint job! I really like the wash work / aging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! Thanks - fixed it.
(Only problem with the the large pics is that you can now see all the mold lines that I was too lazy to file off!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marr
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic work! I haven't been that keen on painting these but you're the closest to convincing me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VillainousEye wrote:
I'm not much of a painter

could have fooled me!

the Nordic and Polania are especially nice, as are the stars on the Rusviet (nice touch)

i'm also now inspired to paint mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Penny ("Cowstriker")'s post was very helpful.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1605911/painting-plastic

I also highly recommend Soroastro's painting tutorials on youtube. His technique for painting the probe droids from imperial assault was remarkably easy and worked well for the mechs. I just varied the spray primer colours (Rusviet black, Nordic/Saxony grey, Polania/Crimea white), then GW Necron Compound (great stuff that!) to get the metallic look, and some coloured washes.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought some of those mechs looked familiar

I'm really happy to hear that you found my post helpful. Makes it all worthwhile to know I helped inspire someone to paint their own minis and get some amazing results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Great work! This is my favorite treatment for the mechs so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vince san
msg tools
Wow these are beauties! I've never painted miniatures before but I've been collecting some inspirations and these are the best I've seen!

I'm definitely too scared to start off painting minis with my scythe ones tho laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks man.
Don't be afraid. I was inspired by some other posts here and I'd barely painted anything before.

The characters are a bit tricky but the mechs are super easy. Just watch Soroastro's Imperial Assault painting guide for probe droids That GW necron compound is amazing. Plus GW texture paints make basing a snap.

And search these threads for cowstriker's post. He gave some really good step by step instructions for how he painted his.

Happy painting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.