Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played another Knight vs Dragon game and the cave began to collapse on us. If 5 crystal tiles are collapsed, we both lose. However, we were wondering if crystal tiles under hidden tiles counts toward this crystal tile limit or if only visible crystal tiles that are collapsed are counted. If the former, then that makes it very risky to collapse hidden tiles in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do count towards the collapse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
If the former, then that makes it very risky to collapse hidden tiles in the game.

Yes, it is risky to collapse hidden tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
Yes, it is risky to collapse hidden tiles.

Yes, yes it is. In my first 4 player game (with me as Cave), the Goblins accidently collapsed 3 crystal tiles using Cave-In.

I'd been putting Crystals near the edge of the board (to make them easier to collapse later) and doing the same with Treasures (to encourage players to run around a bunch), so they often aligned, and it happened that some Treasures were on unexplored Crystal tiles.

Rather than try to collapse tiles to help himself attack the Knight, the Goblin player collapsed 3 edge tiles that had Treasures on them in an attempt to weaken me. It just so happened that the 3 he picked were Crystals (he felt a bit foolish after that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.