Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does battle work again? Could you go over all of the (simple anyway) rules of battle? For example if both players have the same unit type who attacks first? When does the defender get to attack? What is the turn order sequence for battling, precisely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is no 'attacker' or 'defender'. Combat is simultaneous, which can result in mutual annihilation of all units.

Basically, all rubium dragons (on all sides) attack. Casualties are removed.
All lava leapers attack. Casualties are removed.
...etc until the humans have attacked.

If there are units from multiple sides left afterwards, the combat still ends and the tile is contested. Combat will continue next turn (unless someone retreats).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent summary above. I'll just add that when each side is choosing its casualties, it is ok to choose one of your units which just attacked as one of your casualties, and it's "hit" will still count. This makes for some important decisions: lose a more powerful/expensive unit so that one of your weaker/cheaper units can still be alive to make an attack during this combat, or save your more powerful unit for a future round at the risk of losing a weaker unit before it gets a chance to battle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so if there are two humans facing off alone in a hex, they roll the dice simultaneously, both of them get hit, and so both of them get removed at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

I did just check the rules and they do make a distinction between attacker and defender this is only important for scoring (or maybe some energize cards), as only the attacker/active player can score points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok that makes sense thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
defender gets energize... if they lose. Combat in this game can end in one of four ways:
Win: You are the only one left standing
Lose: Your troops died and your enemy did not
Draw: both you and your enemy have troops left(kinda common with low rank troops as they have low-ish hit chance)
mutual annihilation: both sides are wiped out, rather common with frenzy(energize card that doubles dice rolls, each roll can be a casualty).

I think I phrased that right. Mutual annihilation is treated as both sides losing for game effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
so if there are two humans facing off alone in a hex, they roll the dice simultaneously, both of them get hit, and so both of them get removed at the same time?

Your logic is correct, but I feel like it's worth pointing out that if you're using the reverse side of the player sheets, and hence using clones rather than humans, this battle would not be permitted, as the number of dice you roll is equal to the number of clones you have in the hex, minus one. So with only one clone in the hex, you would not be able to roll to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.