Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: What's your Gobogeg game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Strahm
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hey folks. I controlled Gobogeg when my group's last game ended, so this week I'll be picking the setup. What's your favorite Gobogeg winner setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
kylestrahm wrote:
Hey folks. I controlled Gobogeg when my group's last game ended, so this week I'll be picking the setup. What's your favorite Gobogeg winner setup?

I'll assume 4 players:

Yoggy
Black Goat
Sleeper
Yellow Sign

High Priests

Yuggoth Map

Abhoth
Ghatanothoa
Yig

That's it! (one less indie GOO than number of players).

IF it's 5 players, then:

add Cthulhu
add Atlach Nacha

Of course, being cruel to y'all since you can't yet play with O2 stuff, I would have added or replaced some of these things with:

Nyogtha
Y'Golonac

Dhole
Yithian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I approve of Arthur's setup. It's one that I would play.

Are other Great Old Ones giving you a hard time? Then summon Hastur of the Yellow Sign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Strahm
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Nice! Do you use those factions because none of them are especially aggressive and it makes for an interesting game? I think I'll try out Ghatanothoa and Yig, maybe with Cthuga. How much would it mess up the game to play with six players on a five-player Yuggoth map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
kylestrahm wrote:
Nice! Do you use those factions because none of them are especially aggressive and it makes for an interesting game? I think I'll try out Ghatanothoa and Yig, maybe with Cthuga. How much would it mess up the game to play with six players on a five-player Yuggoth map?

Well....I think of ALL of those as aggressive! Maybe not as much with Battle, but trust me, if I am any of those four I will be all up in your tentacled face throughout the game. All of them have great ways of messing with you, from Zingaya, to Ghroth, to Avatar, to break on Through to Capture Monster! Although now that you mention it, I would agree it makes for a different, more intersting game in some respects with slightly less Battle, but still tons of "attacks" on others. But trust me, the Watcher and Slimes, and those indie GOOs will ensure Battle will be plentifiul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.