Subject: Just add your reason why you would pre order. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It is one of the most legendary wargame designs for ... ALL players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life… I just go on from day to day, taking what comes. – Frank Sinatra
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an Avalon Hill Calssic and deserves this treatment. I owned the original, but missed out on the L2 edition. One of the most played wargames of all time--whose cataclysmic subject matter is even more compelling today than ever. New research has been unearthed that will increase order of battle and overall hitorical accuracy.This will be an elegant design and will benefit from the care and attention only Consim Press/GMT can porvide. This is a very exciting offering from the guys who brought us THE HUNTERS--enough said.

I'm in--spread the word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's The Russian Campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Johannsen

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I don't have a copy of the original. As the price for the GMT re-pop is reasonable, might as well get a copy that looks sharp (though, unlike many, I am not averse to old games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saxon 357
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because this game helped me get out of a Bad Marriage back in the late 70's...by playing it all the time (with help from VITP). I will even frame the RC-5 Box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Because I don't have a copy, I've wanted one, and the price difference between a musty and bland old Avalon Hill copy with no rule updates or variants shipped off eBay and the new shiny version from GMT is marginal. Why would I not get the new version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for helping spread the word, everyone. We are very excited about this project and given the game some TLC. In case you missed it in the game description, one thing we are doing is including a Bonus Booklet sourced from published variant articles for the game. Think of it as a stroll down Memory Lane -- even if you decide not to dabble with these variants. As an added bonus, we're providing the counters for the variant articles as well (never available before).

Thanks again for helping spread the word. You definitely did that for us as we surpassed the P500 mark in less than two weeks after we made the preorder announcement. Soon we will be adding more graphics to the P500 page, including a sneak peek of the entire game map. We're also adding an option for those who want a mounted map version for this game, we will be adding that option next month as a few folks have asked for this.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Because it's an absolute classic and second-hand prices are currently beyond good and evil... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Durango
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have to choose between armor icons and NATO symbols? Or will both be included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Do we have to choose between armor icons and NATO symbols? Or will both be included?

Hi Mike. Both styles are included so you can choose your preference. You can go 'old school' NATO reminiscent of this classic design or use icons for the AFV units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gregorio
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have copies of just about all the other versions of TRC, might as well get this one too. (Missing second edition and the bootleg Chinese version!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gregorit wrote:
I have copies of just about all the other versions of TRC, might as well get this one too. (Missing second edition and the bootleg Chinese version!)

Bootleg Chinese Version???? You're gonna get collectors exited...
...especially if the Chinese have bootlegged other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
consimworld wrote:
blockhead wrote:

Hi Mike. Both styles are included so you can choose your preference. You can go 'old school' NATO reminiscent of this classic design or use icons for the AFV units.

Fantastic! What a great idea. I wish more games offered that choice. Kudos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Mark
United States
Roseville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No mud, please no mud! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Moore
United States
San Dimas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it come with a mounted board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
There will be a mounted board offered separately, but I don't think the price has been determined yet. Keep your eyes on the GMT website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan Eckardt
Australia
Bendigo
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the Jedko Series II edition since it came out (I think I was around 18 years old) and I've pre-ordered two copies for the fact that I can "more or less" still be able to play the Jedko II version but with updated components (and bigger counters for my older eyes, lol), but if I desire I'll be able to play different versions as well. Also I like the idea of this Edition being fully endorsed by the great John Edwards, he's my favourite Designer ever. And he was a Victorian
Sooo can't wait.

ps: bring The African Campaign, Fortress Europa (option of playing Jedko version rules) and War At Sea/Victory At Sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
Abra cadabra....

http://www.consimpress.com/news/2016/5/28/african-campaign-b...

May your dice always roll 6s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TAD420 wrote:
There will be a mounted board offered separately, but I don't think the price has been determined yet. Keep your eyes on the GMT website.

Yes, pricing is set. I spoke to Tony at GMT Games and it will be same as the Unconditional Surrender mounted map purchase option they've run recently. P500 price is $28 and retail is $40. I'm working now to get this item added to the P500 program. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I still have the original game from Jedko games here in Oz.
Will certainly pre-order this.

Now, if only Tigers in the Mist could be re-mastered....(hint, hint).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A
United States
Brooklyn
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
consimworld wrote:
Yes, pricing is set. I spoke to Tony at GMT Games and it will be same as the Unconditional Surrender mounted map purchase option they've run recently. P500 price is $28 and retail is $40. I'm working now to get this item added to the P500 program. Thanks!

Could you post the link here when it is available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Here ya go Stephen: https://www.gmtgames.com/p-611-the-russian-campaign-mounted-...

Todd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A
United States
Brooklyn
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TAD420 wrote:

Thanks Todd, I saw the link was posted under a different thread, after I made my request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Rehnberg
Finland
Mariehamn
Åland Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the Russian Campaign was the first wargame I ever played at my local club. That was back in -94... Great memories, so looking forwards to this, pre-ordered the game and mounted map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I played TRC more thant twenty years ago, but never purchased it.
The GMT version seems to hit the nail, by integrating the inputs of decades of refining the rules, adding variants, etc.

I am looking for a classic, rather simple Eastern Front game - and as memory serves me right, TRC clearly fits that desire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.