Subject: More Netrunner Foil Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gianni Ciao
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's one week shy of a year since I posted the original thread, found here (Netrunner Foil Cards), about making some cool (opinions may vary) alternate identity cards.

Since then, I've collected some amazing artwork from around the Internet and have made a third round of ID cards.

Again, if you are interested in making some for yourself, I refer you to 1havok12's excellent post, found here (Custom Foil Cards); but I will provide a brief summary of the process here ...

Foils:

Go to your favorite card seller and buy Magic: The Gathering near mint foil cards as cheaply as you can find them. Most sets work but I've been unlucky enough to discover two exceptions on my own dime which I now share to you (for free!): do not buy Mirrodin Besieged cards and do not buy the card Thraben Sentry / Thraben Militia from Innistrad.

Using an acetone soaked rag or sponge, you can remove all the ink, leaving behind a shiny clean foil card.

Transparencies:

I believe you can achieve greater control with transparencies and spray-on glue but I'm clumsy so I prefer to use something with a built-in adhesive. So far, I've only ever used Grafix Ink Jet Adhesive Film. On Amazon, it's currently $7.68 for 6 sheets. I can comfortably fit 6 cards per sheet. That's 22 cents a card plus the cost of ink and the cost of the card.

This last time, I used an Epson ink jet printer and I had no issues feeding the paper through.

Based on the artwork I could find around the Internet, I ended up with 2.5 inch x 3.5 inch card images of 200 dpi. The higher the dpi, the better obviously, but that's what I had to work with. As you can see down below, that's sufficient.

Refer to my original post for links to all the resources I use as reference. The images are pieced together and created using a manipulation program like Photoshop.

Aside from the official Android: Netrunner artists, I also used images (without permission) by Olie Boldador, Stefanie Odendahl, and Kysra (from reddit).

Cards:

Okay, enough talk. Here are some snapshots:

Only two Corps this time: Custom Biotics and Titan Transnational

How about some landscape IDs of Jesminder Sareen, Chaos Theory, and Noise?

"Mac" and Reina

Seeing double -- two Hayleys and Jesminder again

Only two criminals this time: Leela and Nero

Experimental:

So, I made the mistake of buying a bunch of Thraben Sentry / Thraben Militia cards. At first, I was excited because they're double-sided foil cards! But when I applied the acetone, the foil scrubbed away to reveal double-sided white cards. Aww.

Not wanting to waste my efforts, I experimented by making a double-sided identity card. I took an ordinary piece of Reynold's aluminum foil and snipped out bits to highlight the orbs from Hayley's console and to highlight Jesminder's mirrormode cloak.

and

Okay, thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great! Nice work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.