Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions from today's playing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Graves
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Epidemic card. One of our players thought he had seen a ruling where the effect was in the area that had just been taking as well as adjacent ones. Id the 'adjacent' literal? I couldnt find the ruling.

2. Eipdemic again. When do you 'take control' pf an area. We played it that it was step 7 of the battle, so before retreats.

3. Hall of Kellos. Can routed heros benefit? We played yes

4. If an army commander has to rout, and there are no adjacent friendly or neutral areas, is the A/C eliminated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gravey101 wrote:
1. Epidemic card. One of our players thought he had seen a ruling where the effect was in the area that had just been taking as well as adjacent ones. Id the 'adjacent' literal? I couldnt find the ruling.

I'm not aware of that ruling, nor do I really believe it without seeing it. Adjacent means adjacent; if it also meant the same area, it could have a major impact on a few other cards that use the term.

Quote:
2. Eipdemic again. When do you 'take control' pf an area. We played it that it was step 7 of the battle, so before retreats.

I think "take control" would be after the entire battle; if the opponent, after the battle, has control of the area, and didn't before the battle, he has taken control. I don't think that would include before retreats; however, this could be one worth asking. I can put it on my list to ask the next time I send something.

Quote:
3. Hall of Kellos. Can routed heros benefit? We played yes

Yes, being routed really only prevents the hero from moving, but I don't see anything that would prevent other effects.

Quote:
4. If an army commander has to rout, and there are no adjacent friendly or neutral areas, is the A/C eliminated?

I would say yes; the rules say it retreats as if it were a unit. (Note that this is different than heroes supporting).

However, I don't know if anything definitive was stated, so let me put this on my list as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Graves
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Scott. Note for the sequencing question, this would be a retreat due to overstacking after an attack, not a retreat as part of the combat (since the attacker has to win for the card to be playable in the first place).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.