Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is when do you resolve mission cards? If I receive a mission card at the end of my turn, and I've completed the objective, can I resolve it immediately or do I have to wait until next turn? When can I resolve the card? Same question for energy cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe you could claim the mission immediately as the rules say you can do them at any phase on your turn.

Energize cards can only be played in the deployment phase or battle phase (the cards should say when). You can play battle (but not deployment) cards on other people's turns (even if you are not in the battle) so you don't have to wait until your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah the cards, more or less, tell you when they can be used. There is one important caveat. It looks at the current game state when you play cards. So if you draw a card for "kill a fungoid in battle" you have to play it when you kill the fungoid, and thus if you draw it later in the turn it's not immediately useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it's confusing. The two replies above seems to contradict each other. To me, Mar's response makes more sense in the context of the game flow. I had interpreted the rules the same as Alvin C, but made a house rule that you cannot play the card you immediately drew. If Mar is correct, then it does not seem like you can play that card, since there is no objective that says "draw a secret mission card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Some can. For example the area control cards. Those check to see what territories you currently control. If it says "Control more rock plains than any opponent" that is a condition that you can meet at end of turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the FFG version of the game, so my answers are restricted to only that version of the game.

Hovercraft wrote:
My question is when do you resolve mission cards? If I receive a mission card at the end of my turn, and I've completed the objective, can I resolve it immediately or do I have to wait until next turn?

You resolve it immediately. Just like the example on page 9 of the rule book.

Hovercraft wrote:
When can I resolve the card? Same question for energy cards.

The rules for energize cards (see page 9) and the energize cards themselves are pretty clear as to when they are resolved, so a specific example of a situation would be helpful.

For both secret mission cards and energize cards, well, as mar hawkman said, the cards more or less tell you when they are played. With just a little common sense, it becomes easy to determine when a card can be played. His example about "kill a fungoid in battle" and "Control more rock plains than any opponent" are correct. In fact, the latter is supported by the example on page 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.