3 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Epidemiologist and Airlift rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T C
msg tools
I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere. I have two questions:

1. Can the Epidemiologist use her special ability after the "infect cities" step of her turn?

In this post: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/13010570#13010570

Matt Leacock confirms that the Epidemiologist can do the free take after the "draw cards" step. I believe this post also indicates that it's fine for the Epidemiologist to do her free take even after the "infect cities" step.

(From his response, I believe he intended that the free take happen only during the "do actions" step, but he said the published rules allow more leeway.)

2. Can Airlift be played after the "draw cards" step? Can it be played after the "infect cities" step?

I believe the answer to all the above questions is yes. If I'm right, then in theory the Epidemiologist could do her actions, draw her cards, infect cities, THEN airlift to another player's location and do her free take (assuming she hadn't done the free take earlier in her turn).

PS The above questions are about the board game. But I've also been playing the Pandemic app a lot. The app allows the Epidemiologist to do her free take after the "infect cities" step. However, it doesn't allow her to do an Airlift after infect cities if she's not in the same city as another player. I'm guessing if she were with another player after the "infect cities" step is finished, it *would* allow her to play Airlift to fly to a different player's city and do the free take from that other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Events can be played at any time, in any players turn. The only restriction is that you can't interrupt anything, so for example you can't use an event between drawing an infection card and placing the cube(s).

So yes, you can use airlift after draw cards or after infect cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
msg tools
Thanks for the confirmation!

The app gets a long of things right, but this is one of those corner cases where it wasn't quite correct. (Yes, this situation occurred for me once.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.