$30.00
Hare Krishna
msg tools
Hi all - I can't find this in the rules. Can I use the special ability on the same card? Some of the double cards have 1 point on them, so that's a big help to count it as 2 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abilities stack up, so you can use a card's ability and with another card that have the copy ability, you can use again the ability of the first card (meaning you have used it two times).
However, when you use again an ability, you don't count the card power, only the ability.
As for the cards with "double" ability, remember not to use it on the same card twice(meaning that if you double a card with power 3 to make it 6,and then you copy the "double" ability, you have to use it on another card, let's say with power 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hare Krishna
msg tools
Thanks for the explanation!

Sorry for not being clear, what I meant was - say I have a card with 1 point and it says 'double'. Can I use it on itself?

Same with 1 Exchange, 2 Exchange and 1 below the pile. i.e. can I use the ability on the same card that has it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Capo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cant use it on itself. Abilities description on the manual refer to "other" cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hare Krishna
msg tools
Wow I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. I am suffering from selective blindness .

Thanks so much

PS: just won my first game! God this is a difficult game! Must have played 15 games or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is not that hard, once you get the hang of it.
Two small useful tips:
1. try to get rid off ASAP of the cards with -1 and 0, even though your deck will be much smaller and you will get much faster aging cards(those destroy cards will help a lot).
2. try to play ALWAYS with free cards on the left and bonus cards on the right. This is very important for many abilities, like "below the pile" (meaning that if you play this card from the right, and you put an aging card from the left under the pile, you have to draw another card on the left side)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
depending on pirate ship don't thin too much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.